Monday 6 July 2015

The Hidden Message in Big Hero 6

I know someone has shared it through tumblr, but I just want to reshare it again, since I couldn't find it and I think that post is just too beautiful to not to share it to the whole world. So, here it is.


A few days ago, I've just watched Big Hero 6 for the first time, ever (I know it's kinda late, but I just got the time). People are crazy about it and I found that my favourite scene is the one above. When you watch it, you probably say that this scene is sad because it reminds the viewers how sad Hiro was when losing his brother. But, behind it, there is a hidden, subtle, beautiful message behind it.

In this scene, we can see that Tadashi have tested Baymax so many times, but it still didn't work. Then, in Test #33, Baymax was shut down due to some technical errors, causing the whole room (or maybe the whole campus?) to experience black out. Tadashi pointed out his flashlight onto Baymax and said his beautiful words :

"I'm not giving up on you. You don't understand this yet, but people will need you. So let's get back to work."

Then he tested out Baymax again. Now, some people might think that there's not much special "thing" in it to fall in love with. But then, I remember the post from Tumblr that I saw a few months ago before even watching this movie. And I understand.

 Tadashi wasn't only telling Baymax to hold on. He also gave the word to us, the viewers. He looked to us, telling us that we can do it. He was a representation of the people who believe in us - our parents, our friends, even ourselves - that we have to hold on, not to giving up on ourselves, no matter how dark the situation is. We might not understand how this bad situation will improve our ability to hold on, but people around us need us. We have works to do, goals to achieve, enemies to beat, and people to love. So get back to work, hold your head up, and hold on.

And that's the most beautiful hidden message I've ever seen in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment